Capacity Building Workshops
- Building Individual and Organizational Capacity for Psychological Intervention after Disasters in the Asia and Pacific Region
Report of the IUPsyS Capacity Building Workshop on Building Individual and Organizational Capacity for Psychological Intervention after Disasters in the Asia and Pacific Region. Beijing, China, October 11 – 14, 2013.
- Workshop for Countries in Central Asia: Disaster and Bereavement
Building on the successful series of three capacity-building workshops within the programme on Conflict Prevention in the South Caucasus Region, this three-day workshop, held in Tbilisi, Georgia, in November 2012, focussed on countries of Central Asia and the topic of Disaster and Bereavement.
- Change Fellowship Awards
This competitive fellowship program, co-funded by the Jacobs Foundation, the South African National Research Foundation and IUPsyS, was set up to enable seven researchers from the Sub-Saharan African region to start a new research initiative with an emphasis on positive development ("thriving") and maladjustment related to the conditions of the particular region.
- Conference on Psychology Education and Training
Based in part on a survey of more than 40 countries undertaken by the Work Group on Education of Psychologists, the aims of the conference were to address how Psychology Education and Training is handled in many countries across the world, and to examine the international regulation and standards concerning curricula and accreditation.
- Workshop on Psychological Intervention after Disasters in the Asia and Pacific Region
Report of a workshop run by IUPsyS with the support of ICSU, the Chinese Psychological Society (CPS) and the Chinese Association for Science and Technology (CAST). The workshop was held in Beijing, February 2012 and focussed on capacity-building for psychological interventions following disasters, with a particular emphasis on the Asia and Pacific Region.
- Strategic Planning for Capacity Building: Report
This report is based on the outcomes of a meeting held 1-3 May 2011 which focussed on the Union's current and future capacity-building activities over a four-year to eight-year period. The report articulates the principles upon which decisions concerning Capacity Building should be based.
- Workshop on Advanced In-Field Training and Curriculum Development
Conflict Prevention in the South Caucasus Region Series III (Tbilisi, October 2011)
- National Capacity Building Workshop at Regional Conference of Psychology (Bahamas, November 2011)
- Workshop on Intervention following Bereavement: Application & Training
Conflict Prevention in the South Caucasus Region Series II (Jena, October 2010)
- Interview with IUPsyS President Rainer K Silbereisen on the Caucasus Workshop Series National Capacity Building at the ARUPS Conference (Kuala Lumpur, November 2010)
- 2010 National Capacity Building Workshop at the ASEAN Regional Conference of Psychology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Prior To 2010
- National Capacity Building Workshop at Regional Conference of Psychology (Sofia, November 2009)
- Workshop on Bereavement Research and Practice
Conflict Prevention in the South Caucasus Region Series I (Jena, October 2009)
- Building Psychosocial Interventions in the Tsunami Aftermath (Singapore, 2005)
- 2003 National Capacity Building Workshop at the first MENA Regional Conference of Psychology, Dubai